Palm announced while we were at CTIA that an emulator for the original Palm OS would be available on the Pre. The news of this is a sigh of relief for many current Palm owners who are nervous about making the switch from Palm OS to WebOS.
Fortunately this will ensure any software that worked on the original OS will indeed work, as long as you are using the emulator on the Pre. One such application displayed in our demo was ePocrates, a very important piece of medical software to essentially every doctor and health professional. It worked seamlessly during the demo.
In the video the Palm rep shows off several different aspects of the emulator, which almost made me believe that Palm was abandoning WebOS to go back to the original. See for yourself.
And some pictures to supplement your video viewing.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- WebOS SDK to be out by the end of the summer. WebOS 1.0.3 out now
- Hands-off with Palm Pre GSM
- WebOS 1.0.4 available for the Palm Pre
- #CTIA09: Palm Pre’s new Applications
- WebOS 1.3.5 already available for Sprint’s Palm Pre?