Apart from coming with some bug fixes and some small enhancements, the new Friend View for S60 phones allows you to run it as a background application – it has a Normal, an Active and a Refresh mode for this.
Also, the app comes with a so-called “pling-plung” feature that tells users when their friends are near by.
Moreover, the Friend alerts’ meeting zone is customizable, thus you can define how close your friends should be for receiving alerts.
There are a handful of shortcuts available in Friend View, including :
- click 1 to open Friends
- click 2 to start writing a post
- click 3 to open What’s up!
- click # and * to zoom in and out
- click 0 to quickly locate yourself on the map
- click 8 to switch to panning or hopping mode on map
- click 5 to switch Refresh mode to get updates depending on your battery possibilities and your friends’ activity
If you want to try Friend View on your Symbian S60 handset, you can download it from here – for free, of course.
Via Nokia Beta Labs
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Nokia Friend View released so you can stay close to your friends
- Nokia Messaging adds Twitter support, enhanced Facebook features
- Get your social networking fix easy with Facebook for Palm
- Google Maps with Street View now available on Nokia S60 and Windows Mobile phones
- Nokia Image Exchange for S60 updated, touch version may come soon