Officially unveiled during MWC 2009, Sony Ericsson Idou is not only the first 12MP camera phone to hit the market, but also among the first ones to run on Symbian Foundation’s open source mobile OS.
Initially, Sony Ericsson said that Idou would be released in the second half of 2009, meaning we might see the handset in stores as soon as July.
But the 12MP full-touch smartphone may not be released until October or even November 2009 – at least that’s what the German website Teltarif reports.
However, if we’re to believe the Dutch website Mobile Cowboys, Sony Ericsson hopes that Idou will be out in the third quarter of the year (thus in September the latest).
Of course, until SE actually confirms a release dare for the 12MP smartphone, we can’t know anything for sure. But there are probably many users who hope the device will hit the shelves in Q3 and not Q4, so let’s hope the October-November release rumor turns out to be inaccurate.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Hands-on with a working Sony Ericsson Idou
- 12MP Sony Ericsson Idou unveiled; Sony Ericsson W995 Hikaru announced too
- Sony Ericsson Idou now called Satio, will ship in Q4 2009
- Sony Ericsson to buy HTC?
- Handango Developer Newsletter leaks Sony Ericsson Xperia 1 release date