Since October 2008 (the date Cookie was launched), more than 1.2 million European customers bought the phone.
In Asia, Latin America and other emerging markets, the handset was sold in 600,000 units.
Also, in Korea, where the phone is branded as LG Cooky, 100,000 units were sold since March this year.
LG said it wants to ship 8 more million units of the popular handset, as to reach a total of 10 million units sold worldwide. For this to happen, the South Korean company will expand the availability of LG Cookie from 40 to 60 countries.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- 10 million LG Cookie phones sold
- 5 million LG Cookie phones sold worldwide
- LG Cookie Fresh GS290 officially announced, will be available this month
- LG Cookie Plus GS500 joins the touchscreen party
- LG sells 20 million QWERTY phones, helped by the enV and Rumor series