And now it seems we also know when it will hit the market.
According to Omio, the next-generation Viewty will be released in June by Orange UK. So this is the month when the phone might become available in other European countries too.
Unfortunately, the price of LG Viewty II is not known for the moment.
Anyway, if the new Viewty indeed hits the market in June, it will be at about the same time with the release of Apple’s new iPhone. Of course, the Viewty II is not a smartphone, so it might not be seen as a direct competitor to the new iPhone.
But with features like an 8MP autofocus camera, a WVGA touchscreen display and 32GB of on-board memory, Viewty II will surely have its share of success.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- O2 to subsidize 3G iPhone
- iPhone 5 helps Apple regain top position over Android in the US smartphone market
- Apple iPhone 5 now the world’s best-selling smartphone, Samsung Galaxy S III slips to third place
- LG Viewty II GC900 in live pics
- Apple fires Korean sales head after iOS market share reaches all time low of 9.3%