We know that Sprint employees have begun the Palm Pre training, obviously in order to be ready for the smartphone’s much-anticipated release.
Now we’re hearing the US carrier enforced a vacation freeze during May for its employees, and, according to Phone News, it has scheduled two launch dates for the new handset.
The first one is May 17 – the Palm Pre will be released that day if Sprint receives enough retail units until early May.
In case the received units are “deemed too low to begin initial sales in May”, Sprint will push the Pre release to June 29.
So it looks like it all depends on Palm and whether or not it can supply enough Pre smartphones in time. Hopefully, the Sunnyvale company will be able to do that.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sprint employees starting Palm Pre training – release imminent?
- Palm Pre Sprint’s pricing update and sales volumes
- Is the Palm Pre going to be a Best Buy exclusive?
- Sprint debuts Palm Pre sweepstakes, might release the handset before June
- Initial Palm Pre stocks may be low. Expect “Sold Out” signs soon after launch