It feels as though Nokia Beta Labs likes to come up with a new type of service every day. Perhaps it isn’t that frequently, but we do appreciate Nokia’s willingness to stay innovative and come up with new ideas.
The newest idea from the Beta Lab is Nokia Easy Meet. Easy Meet is geared to be a handy mobile collaboration tool, accessible from both mobile and PC. In other words, if you are working with a group of people on a project, idea, file, or whatever it may be, you can set up your collaboration effort (or “meeting”) on its own unique URL and tell your group to meet together on that URL.
You can set up meetings on a regular schedule or just do it ad hoc.
As in the screenshot below, it’s easy to sign up for the service, and also easy for anyone with a cell phone or computer to get into that particular URL so you can work together in real time.
According to the site, the following features can be supported by Easy Meet:
- File Sharing, supporting PPT, JPEG and PNG
- Meeting Minutes
- File Downloads
- Participant Awareness
- Remote Content Access (OVI Files).
- One click to join a conference, including voice conference
Quite a few options that you can use to collaborate with a group of people on. I love the last option there, to be able to voice conference on it. Does this mean you can do a voice conference on any mobile device simply by accessing that meeting’s URL?
There is a video on the website listed below, so if you are curious as to what Easy Meet can really do, check it out right now. Also, go to this site for a link to sign up for the service.
Try it out and let us know what you think!
via Nokia BetaLabs
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Nokia launches DRM-free Comes with Music service in China
- Ovi Contacts Updated to Version 1.5
- Swisscom launches Bluewin TV mobile for Nokia N77 phone users
- Nokia N96 to get Comes With Music in the UK?
- Nokia Own Voice app lets you customize Ovi Maps navigation instructions