We first saw the Samsung S8000 in a set of leaked pictures, together with the Samsung M8000, but there were only few details about it back then.
Today we’ve got you a full set of specs of S8000. They’ve been accidentally published (and quickly removed) on Russian retailer’s Euroset.ru site.
Samsung GT-S8000, codenamed Cubic, is a full touchscreen phone with 3.1″ 16 M color WVGA (480×800 px) AMOLED display, and I think it’s the first phone to have an AMOLED screen of such a high resolution.
The “Cubic” codename comes from the next generation of Samsung’s TouchWiz UI, which adopts a concept similar to LG’s S-class 3D UI found on LG Arena – a cube that allows you to navigate through several grouped desktop surfaces. These surfaces can include useful contacts, bookmarks, shortcuts to apps, notes and widgets.
Apart from the wide display and the new UI, Samsung S8000 Cubic also features:
- Quad band GSM/GPRS/EDGE connectivity (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
- Dual band UMTS connectivity (900/2100 MHz)
- Bluetooth 2.1
- Media player
- 3.5mm headset jack
- 5MP camera with autofocus
- 2GB of internal memory
- 1,100 mAh battery
- 108.9 x 53.5 x 11.9 mm
Samsung S8000 is the first of the 3 Cubic handsets that should be launched in the near future. S8000 is running on Samsung’s own native OS, while the other two Cubic devices will be smartphones.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- 8 new Samsung phones leaked – S5050, C5212, S3310 and E2210 included
- Samsung M8000 Symbian S60v5 handset gets detailed. May never be launched
- Samsung Forever A886 to hit Canada via Rogers
- Samsung S3650 Corby and M2520 in live photos
- Samsung S5600 and S5230 affordable touchscreen handsets announced