Of course, the handset might actually come later than July, but it’s almost certain that, sometime in the summer, Vodafone’s customers will be able to buy the N97 for a subsidized price – probably much lower than the €550 retail price announced by Nokia back in December.
In addition to the N97, Vodafone UK could also release the Nokia N86 8MP.
According to J. Whatley, a Vodafone representative confirmed that the N86 is currently being tested by the carrier and, if everything goes well, the 8 Megapixel handset will be launched “sooner or later”.
Back to the N97, the smartphone was also confirmed by Vodafone Germany (although without a release date), so it will probably be launched by the giant carrier in several other European markets too.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Nokia N8 shows up on Vodafone UK’s website
- UK: green Nokia N8 to be available exclusively on Vodafone at launch
- Nokia N86 8MP to hit the UK in July; available for pre-order now
- Rogers gets official with Nokia E71
- Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro headed to Vodafone UK. T-Mobile pushes back launch date