T-Mobile has the G1 and the upcoming G2, while Vodafone has the HTC Magic. So the folks over at Orange probably thought: hey, we could have some more Android handsets of our own, besides the HTC Dream.
Reportedly, the Taiwanese newspaper Commercial Times says that Orange’s new Android phones will come from Sony Ericsson before the end of 2009. This confirms the info we’ve got back in March regarding Orange’s Android plans.
(this is Sony Ericsson Idou, which will run on Symbian, not on Android)
Further details are currently missing, but I guess we should expect some cool handsets from SE and Orange. On a related note, we should also expect other major carriers to come up with their own Google phones.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play, Arc and Neo show up at Orange UK’s website
- Android 2.0 on Sony Ericsson’s first Android smartphone?
- Sony Xperia S coming to Orange UK, Vodafone has no plans to offer it
- Employee steals Sony Ericsson phone prototypes, gets caught before unveiling them
- HTC Sensation and Samsung Galaxy Mini show up at Orange UK