Remember that T-Mobile BlackBerry event that was scheduled for April 22 in London? Well, it turns out that the event wasn’t related to the launch of a new smartphone, as we initially thought.
Instead, T-Mobile UK and RIM have announced a new way to pay for a BlackBerry device, called Pay Once.
Starting May 1, T-Mo’s customers in the UK will be able to buy a silver BlackBerry Pearl 8110 for £179.99 (€200 or $260), without having to sign a contract agreement.
The price includes, besides the Pearl 8110 smartphone itself, one year of unlimited email and Internet and “pay as you go top-ups for calls, texts and MMS”.
All in all, the Pay Once deal is definitely not a bad one for those who don’t need a more advanced BlackBerry (like the Curve 8900), or for those who are new to RIM’s devices.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- BlackBerry Pearl 3G, Bold 9700 and Curve 8520 now on Pay & Go at O2 UK
- ZTE Blade III lands in the UK at Virgin, yours for £79.99 on PAYG
- Virgin Mobile UK now offers unlimited data or texts when you top up
- AT&T: Blackberry Pearl 8110 Launch
- BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8220 available in the UK via O2