Today, Opera Software announced that the usage of Opera Mini (one of the world’s most popular mobile browsers) has known a significant increase compared to the same period of last year, as well as to the previous months.
Reportedly, 23 million people used Opera Mini on their phones in March 2009. This represents a 157% increase when compared to March 2008, and a 12.1% increase when compared to February 2009.
More than 8.6 billion web pages were viewed via Opera Mini in March 2009, accounting for about 148 million MB of data.
Opera says that the countries where Opera Mini’s usage has seen strong growth include Nigeria, Chile, Brazil, Mexico and Venezuela.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Opera Mini generates $1.2 billion per year for mobile operators
- Opera Mini reaches 50 million monthly unique users
- Opera Mini 5.1 launched, compatible with more than 3000 phones
- Traffic to social networks makes up to 40% of mobile internet usage
- Opera Mini 4.1 officially released