Design of mobile phone concepts seems to be a pretty popular thing among among both professional and hobbyist designers around the world.
And they do come up with some pretty cool stuff quite often.
Well, if you are U.S. resident, have some good ideas what you would like your mobile phone to do in a few years, and the talent to come up with an interesting design, you might even get paid for it.
Last week LG has announced the competition to design “…the next revolutionary LG mobile phone” and has $80K of prize money to spend.
The winner will reap $20K, #2 will get $10K, number 3 -$5K. And then there’s 40 honorable mentions that will receive $1K and LG U.S. phone each.
Sounds pretty cool. The only thing I did not like about the competition was that it’s open only for U.S. residents.
C’mon, LG, why do you exclude the rest of the world? A lot of cool stuff, especially in phone design, come from outside U.S. nowadays…
You can find the competition details here.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- LG’s 3rd Annual Design the Future competition debuts with prizes of more than $80,000
- LG Phone Design Challenge
- Packet Phone Concept Looks Surreal
- Rant: Google press event – Voice Actions for Android, Chrome to phone and a big…YAWN!
- Orange Android on Atom Z2460. 14 day standby, 6 hrs of HD video, 8 hrs talk time. This time Intel is for real