It’s no secret that Motorola is working on an Android phone and was planning to have them launched by the year’s end.
Moto’s CEO has repeatedly told us that and there were numerous leaks and hints about Moto Android smartphones during the last few months.
Well, today, in its quarterly earnings release, Sannjay Jha, head of Moto Mobile devices explicitly confirmed that Motorola will be launching several Android phones for the holiday season in Q4.
According to Mr. Jha:
Customer feedback on our smartphone roadmap remains very positive, and we plan to have differentiated Android-based devices in stores in time for the fourth-quarter holiday season.
Notice that “differentiated Android devices“. It confirms that there will be at least two of them this November.
We also hear rumors that one of upcoming MOTO Android handsets will be a high end luxury phone (with exclusive services, design concept and price range of Aura).
Well, it looks like Motorola may be finally turning the corner in their Mobile Devices unit. They significantly reduced the headcount and losses this quarter, and have some very interesting handsets in the pipeline.
The only thing left now – is not to mess up in production and execute on these promises.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Rumor: Verizon’s Motorola “Droid T2″ to be the world’s first Android Gingerbread phone
- Motorola Morrison to be T-Mobile’s fifth Android smartphone?
- Motorola Defy with Android officially headed to T-Mobile USA
- AT&T goes Android crazy, intros Motorola Bravo, Flipside and Flipout. No love for Froyo though
- Motorola Aura Diamond Edition announced, costs $5,730