The Sony Ericsson W518a that we’ve heard about back in March is a real device after all.
The Walkman clamshell was just approved by the FCC and it will soon be launched in the US by AT&T.
An exact release date is not known, but the phone will probably be available starting the next few months.
Hopefully, the 8MP C905a will be launched before it – this was rumored to hit AT&T since the fall of 2008, but, apparently, SE and the big blue carrier have delayed it.
Coming as a GPS-capable version of Sony Ericsson W508, the W518a features a QVGA internal display, external music-dedicated keys, stereo Bluetooth and a 3.2MP camera, among other things.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Ericsson Robyn and LG GD880 photos show up
- Unlocked Sony Ericsson W995a to hit the US for $600
- Sony Ericsson W305 Yao for an early 2009 launch?
- AT&T announces the Sony Ericsson C905a and W518a
- Sony Ericsson T715a passes the FCC with AT&T 3G bands