We first saw Verizon’s Samsung Alias 2 U750 at the end of March, but back then there were no details about its release date.
Now it looks like the new Alias 2 is ready to hit the shelves on May 11, and, according to Phone Arena, it will come with e-ink technology – as initially assumed.
Samsung Alias 2’s “Magic Key keypad” uses e-ink to transform itself from a regular alphanumeric keypad into a full QWERTY one, depending on how you open the clamshell.
You can see the different keypad look in the pics below:
Apart from the unusual keypad, Alias 2 U750 also features a 2.6 QVGA display, Bluetooth and a 2MP camera.
Its price is not known yet, but Verizon might sell it for about $100 on contract.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Magnet, Alias 2 Now on Sale
- Samsung Alias2 U750 for Verizon shows up
- Samsung Exclaim M550 to hit Sprint; Samsung Alias 2 caught on video
- Verizon intros new Samsung Zeal phone with e-ink keyboard
- Verizon’s Motorola Rival A455 and Samsung Alias 2 U750 appear in live images