I’m sure you already know quite many things about Microsoft’s Windows Marketplace for mobile, but you probably haven’t heard about this: the Redmond-based company is currently in talks with giant European carriers (like Vodafone and O2), in order to launch branded versions of the Marketplace.
So we might soon see a Vodafone Windows Marketplace, an O2 Windows Marketplace and so on.
According to Tweakers.net, Maarten Sonneveld from Microsoft Mobile Netherlands has officially confirmed that Microsoft is negotiating with European carriers, although exact details are currently not known.
Windows Marketplace for mobile will be launched at the same time with the first phones running on Windows Mobile 6.5, thus sometime in Q3 or Q4, 2009.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- More details on Windows Mobile Marketplace’s Phase 2
- Windows Marketplace opens for submissions on July 27; WM 6.0 and 6.1 will be supported
- Microsoft announces huge list of Windows Mobile 6.5 phones, HTC HD2 included
- Microsoft hints at Kin phones’ prices, lets you win 50 of them
- LG GM750 with Windows Mobile 6.5 announced by Vodafone