Hey, there actually is a Sony Ericsson Xperia X2 in the works, says Harold de Kort, SE Marketing Communications Manager for Benelux in a twitter message.
As we didn’t know it before
Well, if my Google Dutch is up to the task, according to Portable Gear, what he actually said was “Of course, after each X1 comes X2, X3, X4 and X5. What else is new.”
So not a solid confirmation, but still a hint that more Xperias are on the way.
Only the numbering of the following Xperias (after X2) will not be what Harold says they’ll be. This is completely unconfirmed rumor, but we are hearing that the next Xperia (after X2), will be numbered X5.
Where did 3 and 4 go? Well, 4 may have something to do with unlucky numbers in Asia, so it’s a no no. And X3 has some very unfortunate connotations in Russian SMS and Twitter speak (like in “who the hell knows” only replacing the hell with the F word…). Or maybe it’s just because X3 also translates to 13, which is a devils dozen and unlucky number in most Western cultures.
So Xperia X5 it is.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Ericsson promises major updates to Xperia X10 later this year, says multi-touch is a no-no
- No Android 4.1 Jelly Bean for Sony Xperia Arc S, Ray, Neo V and the other 2011 Xperias
- Sony Xperia Pepper MT27i shows up in an official image
- Sony Xperia S released in India. Xperia U, Xperia P, and Xperia Sola to follow
- Android 4.0 ICS updates for Sony Xperia Arc and Neo rolling-out now