The North American version of Sony Ericsson W995, namely the W995a, was recently approved by the FCC – which means the phone might be soon launched in the US and Canada.
Codenamed Sony Ericsson Hikaru, the W995 / W995a is SE’s second handset that has an 8MP photo camera. Despite this, it’s not a Cyber-shot phone, but a Walkman one.
So, besides the nice photography-related features, the W995a also comes with a 3.5mm headset jack, Walkman 4.0 player, shake control, TrackID, stereo FM radio, stereo speakers and stereo Bluetooth.
No word yet if the W995a will be picked by a North American carrier (AT&T, Rogers?), or if it will be sold unlocked. In the second case, the slider will probably be quite expensive.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Ericsson Mix Walkman launched by Vodafone UK
- Sony Ericsson Zylo and Spiro Walkman phones introduced (video)
- Sony Ericsson W395 Walkman brings music to the masses
- Sony Ericsson W8 (the first Android Walkman handset) is a disappointment
- Sony Ericsson Hikaru (W923?) – first image leaked