Do you find yourself wanting to love the touch-enabled Blackberry Storm but for some reason it lacks a certain something? Or do you find yourself not wanting to get the Storm because it’s a first-gen model?
If you fall in either category, you will be happy to learn that the long-rumored Blackberry Storm 2 is currently being engineered.
While we have been hearing rumors about this for quite some time now, we finally have official confirmation from the big man himself, Jim Balsillie. Speaking to Reuters, he said “we have next-generation devices with [touch] and the whole roadmap.”
Apparently with one million devices sold, Blackberry has determined that there is a large consumer market to be had. Large market, indeed. Especially if the Storm 2 comes with some significant improvements or feature additions.
No release date was mentioned. Rumors have mentioned September 2009 as a possible date, but it all depends on how far through the process RIM is at this point.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- New BlackBerry Storm 9570 with OS 6 shows up in photos?
- BlackBerry Storm 2 (9520) for Vodafone – pictures leaked
- BlackBerry Storm 2 (9550) video preview shows up
- BlackBerry 9570 Storm 3 confirmed by Best Buy, still no word on its launch date
- RIM’s BlackBerry Storm 3 finally pictured?