Canada’s been devoid of Android handsets until now, but no more – Rogers Wireless has officially announced the upcoming availability of not one, but two Android smartphones.
Both devices will be exclusively sold by Rogers starting June 2, 2009 – meaning in 25 days from now.
As you probably already know, the Dream is the world’s first Android phone, while the Magic is the second one. The main difference between them (apart from the different design) is that the Dream has a hardware QWERTY keyboard, while the Magic doesn’t – but it will come with Android 1.5, which features a virtual QWERTY keypad.
Rogers said nothing about the prices of its new phones – let’s hope they’ll not be on the hefty side.
Source: Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC’s T-Mobile G2 to be launched as HTC Magic by Vodafone
- Vodafone announces HTC Magic, its first Android smartphone
- Sense UI update for HTC Magic is here. Only in Taiwan for now
- HTC Magic with QWERTY keyboard in the making?
- Orange France to launch the HTC Dream this week for €99