Alright, rumors about a Sony Ericsson PSP phone have been around for quite a few years now, but a phone of this kind still doesn’t exist – despite the fact that lots of PSP fans would probably want one.
Well, in a recent interview with Financial Times, Sony Ericsson’s president and COO, Mr. Dick Komiyama, stated that a phone bearing Sony’s PlayStation brand “could happen”.
And if SE’s president says so, it means the company has probably given serious thought to the possibility of launching a PSP phone.
Of course, Komiyama’s reference to the much-rumored device is a bit vague:
“a PlayStation mobile, building on the Walkman and Cybershot phones, could happen.”
- but there’s surely a glimpse of hope in there for all those who are hoping a PSP mobile phone will eventually be built.
(this is just an old rendering of what the PSP handset might look like)
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Ericsson will launch new Xperia phones right before Mobile World Congress 2011
- Sony PSP phone is coming, won’t have anything to do with Sony Ericsson
- This can’t be a Sony Ericsson PSP Android phone prototype. Or can it?
- Sony confirms HTC as an official PlayStation Certified partner
- Sony PlayStation app for Android, iPhone launching soon