Motorola W7, the handset that appeared just a few weeks ago in some leaked photos is now official, and, as it turns out, its design is actually not as weird as we initially thought it is.
The new phone is officially called MOTO W7 Active Edition and it’s obviously a sports-oriented handset.
The W7 comes with a Personal Trainer application and a built-in step pedometer, as well as with an accelerometer, which lets you use gesture controls (flip the phone to silence incoming calls, pause the music or snooze the alarm clock; shake it twice to launch apps like the Music Player; flick it right or left to change tracks or images).
The rest of the features packed in the MOTO W7 include:
- 2.2 inch QVGA display with 262K colors
- 900/1800/1900, 850/1800/1900 or 850/900/1800/1900 GSM connectivity
- 850/1900, 850/2100 or 2100 UMTS connectivity
- Stereo Bluetooth
- FM radio
- 2MP camera
- Secondary VGA camera
- 30MB of internal memory
- MicroSDHC card support, up to 8GB
MOTO W7 should be available before the end of June, for an unknown price, in two color versions: Alpine White and Licorice. Unfortunately, it will only be launched in Asia and Latin America.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- 8 new Samsung phones leaked – S5050, C5212, S3310 and E2210 included
- Nokia N82 and Nokia N81 NSeries phones in the works
- Nokia 6303i classic announced, costs €105
- #CTIA09: Sony Ericsson Maria Sharapova Phone, Sans Maria
- W660i Walkman Phone from Sony Ericsson