Over the weekend some rumors started going around about the Blackberry Onyx, aka Driftwood 96xx, so let’s recap on what is being discussed.
The Onyx hopes to be T-Mobile’s first 3G Blackberry device, and looks like it combines the front of the Bold with the sleekness of the Curve 8900. So in other words it basically takes all the latest Blackberry devices and throws them all together in a pot, stirs them up and out comes the Onyx.
Here is the spec list circulating around right now:
- GSM/GPRS/EDGE/T-Mo UMTS device
- Optical trackpad
- Wi-Fi (no UMA support?)
- QWERTY keyboard
- 480×360 resolution screen
We are also hearing that the Onyx will be coming out to play on T-Mobile in September, so it’s not terribly far off if that’s the case! Here’s to hoping that the rumors are all true.
And, as always, we will be continually updating you on the status of the Onyx 96xx device. Can’t wait!
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- BlackBerry Onyx and Magnum to hit AT&T; BlackBerry Driftwood for T-Mobile?
- BlackBerry Onyx 9020 picture leaked, optical trackpad included
- BlackBerry Bold 9700 (Onyx) for T-Mobile appears in press photo
- BlackBerry 9700 coming to T-Mobile, live picture leaked
- BlackBerry Bold 9700 now official, AT&T, T-Mobile and Rogers will carry it