Earlier today, we’ve reported about a possible Zune device that would be released in June this year to compete with the iPhone and the Palm Pre.
The info was based on two twitter posts which turned out to come from an account that actually has nothing to do with Microsoft. Instead, it’s an account of an iPhone application developer, created to raise awareness about iPhone software piracy. Weird way of doing that, isn’t it?
Anyway, Microsoft has debunked the June-Zune rumor by confirming to Neowin that no Zune device will be released next month.
Well, that’s too bad for Zune fans. I guess we’re still far from seeing a Zune phone – if such a phone will ever be made.
Now let’s see if the rumors about the Windows Mobile 7 specs will also be debunked.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Microsoft preparing new Zune device to compete with the iPhone, Palm Pre
- “Zune phone” references coming straight from Microsoft
- Microsoft Zune / Pink phone coming in two months, WM7 included?
- Tegra-based Zune phone confirmed for MWC?
- Windows Mobile 7 to come with Zune?