Hugo Chavez, Venezuela’s president, has become the world’s first country president to launch a mobile phone.
And as if this isn’t weird enough, Chavez gave the phone a funny (or maybe offensive, for some) name: Vergatorio – which is a Venezuelan slang term for… penis.
Produced by a company that Chavez nationalized, the Vergatorio phone is a low-end model that costs only about $15.
Even so, according to Telegraph.co.uk, the handset features stuff like WAP browser and MP3 player.
Hugo Chavez believes that the Vergatorio phone “will be the biggest seller not only in Venezuela but the world. Whoever doesn’t have a Vergatario is nothing.”
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Hugo Boss Samsung F480 phone is coming for Christmas
- Samsung Galaxy Ace gets a Hugo Boss edition, at least in France
- AT&T LG Neon II GW370 and Sprint Sanyo Vero available now
- LG Jil Sander handset with Windows Phone Mango launched
- HTC Dream with Google Android to be released in the UK before Christmas