Three months after the pre-alpha Fennec for HTC Touch Pro was released, now Mozilla has launched the Alpha 1 version of its browser for Windows Mobile 6.
Naturally, this version has the same overall look as the one released for Maemo devices.
It is entirely CSS-based, it supports add-ons and it includes the JeMalloc memory management library.
Since we’re talking about an early version, Mozilla’s devs don’t recommend the use of Fennec Alpha 1 for everyday browsing. However, anyone’s free to test it – download it from here and make sure to read the release notes.
The Fennec Alpha 1 for Windows Mobile 6 was tested only on HTC Touch Pro, but it might work on other WM phones too.
A video walkthrough of the browser can be watched below:
Via The Mozilla Blog
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Mozilla outs Fennec alpha 2, the new version of Firefox for mobiles
- Mozilla Fennec’s first alpha released for Nokia N810, Windows, OS X and Linux
- Pre-alpha Mozilla Fennec for HTC TouchPro released
- Mozilla Fennec 1.0 Beta 1 for Maemo released
- Firefox Mobile (Fennec) for HTC Touch Pro scheduled for February