Samsung and LG have announced that sales of their full-touchscreen phones have passed the 20 million mark. Which means that more than 40 million South Korean touchscreen phones were sold around the world – a performance that no other country can be proud of.
Both Samsung and LG began to commercialize full-touchscreen handsets about two years ago (and Samsung announced it sold 10 million such devices back in January this year).
It’s estimated that about 500 million touchscreen phones will be sold worldwide in 2012.
Via Telecoms Korea
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- 2 million LG Arena phones ordered worldwide
- LG Cookie Fresh GS290 and LG GT400 Viewty show up
- 10 million LG Cookie phones sold
- 5 million LG Cookie phones sold worldwide
- Samsung to make 100 million touchscreen phones in 2010, 65% of them with capacitive screens