If you’re among T-Mobile USA’s customers who are waiting to update their G1 to Android 1.5 Cupcake, it looks like you have to wait a bit longer.
Although the 1.5 version of the OS was planned to reach smartphones starting last week, this didn’t happen.
According to the info found at the T-Mobile Forums, “the rollout schedule has been reset by approximately a week”, and all G1 customers are expected to have the update “by early June”. No clear reason for the reset was given.
After the 1.5 update becomes available, your T-Mobile G1 handset “will notify you”. Hopefully, this will happen without any other delays.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Motorola Droid Pro finally receiving Gingerbread update
- AT&T Dell Streak Android 2.2 Froyo update pushed to January
- Verizon Motorola Droid X may get Android 2.3 Gingerbread update this Sunday
- White iPhone 4 delayed again, will be out in early 2011
- Verizon HTC Droid Incredible shipments pushed back again