Only one day after unveiling three new cheap, entry-level phones, Nokia has now announced a more advanced handset – the Nokia 6600i slide.
If the name sounds familiar, it’s because Nokia has launched, about a year ago, the 6600 slide.
The difference between the 6600 slide and 6600i slide is that the new phone features a 5MP camera with dual LED flash (the old phone only has a 3.2MP one).
Nokia presents the 6600i slide as its “smallest 5 megapixel slider to date”, and the phone is also relatively affordable – €200 ($271).
Other than the improved camera, Nokia 6600i slide is basically the same old 6600 slide, with a slightly different design:
Nokia 6600i slide will be available in select markets starting the third quarter of 2009. It will be shipped with a 1GB card and a Nokia stereo headset WH-203 with FM radio in the box.
By the way, this camera upgrade to the “i” version lends credence to the rumor about the upcoming 5 megapixel Nokia E71i that we’ve reported about just recently.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Nokia 6316 slide does CDMA, should hit China soon
- Nokia officially announces 6260 slide with 5MP camera, AGPS, and Series 40 inside
- Nokia announces Nokia 6600 Slide
- Nokia 2220 Slide in new photos, should be released this quarter
- Nokia 2220 slide to be colorful, simple and cheap