Nokia Ovi Maps has once again been updated, reportedly bringing “better maps than ever before”.
The application includes high-res satellite and terrain 2D/3D maps and features capabilities like tilting, rotation, night view, fly-througs and fly-overs.
It also provides a weather service (24-hour, 5-day forecasts) and detailed POI (point of interest) information from Lonely Planet, Wcities and Michelin.
As Nokia puts it, “this opens the Ovi Maps service and technology for third parties wishing to add greater contextual innovation to their websites for a deeper level of integration, sharing and collaboration with their audiences.” For example, social networking sites and sites like lonelyplanet.com can now include Ovi Maps, allowing users to personalize it with their content and synchronize it onto their handsets.
A video presentation of the Ovi Maps Player API can be seen below:
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Ovi Maps Racing might be Nokia’s coolest game ever
- Nokia E72, E52, N97 mini and other Symbian smartphones receive new software updates
- Nokia Ovi Maps 3.0 out of beta; Ovi Contacts now supporting touch phones
- Nokia Maps 3.0 beta available for download
- New Ovi Maps beta: check-ins, real time traffic info and public transport