Motorola A1200, also known as Motorola MING, was a pretty successful phone back in its days (it was released in 2006).
The new phone was announced in Argentina – so it might be released in several other Latin American markets.
Design-wise, the differences between the A1200 and the A1200R are hardly visible. However, the A1200R comes with features that are not included in the old phone – although it still runs on a Linux platform.
The novelties are:
- Widgets (providing access to weather, news and so on)
- Microsoft Office document editing
- Business card scanner – using OCR (Optical Character Recognition) technology
- FM radio (I thought the old MING already had this)
- 1GB memory card included in the box
The Motorola A1200R has the same 2MP camera and the same QVGA touchscreen display.
No word yet on when the phone will become available, or on its price.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Motorola launches Ming/A1200 smartphone
- Motorola Makes MING A1600 and A1800 Official
- Motorola Ming A1680 with Android gets official
- Moto MING A1600, A1800 and A810 now Official
- Samsung Character QWERTY phone launched by US Cellular