AT&T is the last US carrier to announce it’ll be getting the Pro2, though here it is named the HTC Fortress. We wouldn’t be surprised if the name sticks, much like how the Touch Pro became the HTC Fuze. The Touch Diamond2 is named the HTC Warhawk.
Supposedly scheduled for launch as early as tomorrow (which doesn’t sound at all right considering we haven’t heard even any rumors up to this point), the HTC Fortress has:
- 3.6″ WVGA display
- 3.2 MP Camera with Autofocus
- WinMo 6.1 with AKU6 (we assume upgradeable to 6.5 at some point)
- Triband AT&T 3G
We’ve noticed that none of the slides we’ve seen so far today have mentioned WiFi, so we don’t know if they are included but just left out on the spec sheet, or if they just won’t have it. Seems silly that WiFi would not be included to ease the bandwidth burden AT&T’s experienced lately.
Scheduled for August 24, the Warhawk should have Windows Mobile 6.5 on it from the launch. But just as any other rumor or tentative release date, these specs could change at any time.
The Warhawk will also have:
- 3.2″ WVGA touch display
- dual-band AT&T 3G
- 3.2 MP Camera
- Video Share
via Engadget Mobile
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- LG Monaco, HTC Warhawk and Touch Pro2 leaked in Sprint document
- Verizon’s Touch Diamond2 leaked; HTC Mega and Tachi also show up
- HTC Touch Diamond2 announced for India
- #MWC09: HTC Touch Diamond2 preview video
- HTC starts shipping the Touch Diamond