Today, two giant carriers have announced the upcoming launch of Toshiba TG01: Spain’s Telefónica and Japan’s NTT DoCoMo.
Both carriers will offer the handset starting June or July, with NTT selling it under the name of docomo PRO series T-01A.
The TG01 will come with Windows Mobile 6.1 (upgradeable to 6.5 after this one’s out), a huge 4.1 inch WVGA touchscreen display, a 3D User interface, Wi-Fi, GPS and a 3.2MP camera – all powered by Qualcomm’s 1GHz Snapdragon CPU.
No details yet about the price DoCoMo and Telefónica will ask for the TG01.
In addition to announcing the Toshiba TG01, NTT DoCoMo and Telefónica said that they intend to collaborate for developing “possible services and applications for open OS handsets.”
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Telefónica (O2) testing LTE in the UK, Germany, Brazil and 3 other countries
- Toshiba TG01 to hit the UK on July 9
- #MWC10: Toshiba TG02 and K01 with Windows Mobile 6.5 unveiled
- Toshiba TG02, TG03, K01, K02 and L01 leaked
- Toshiba TG02 and TG03 appear in leaked photos