Samsung has just announced the release of Samsung Gloss u440 in the US, a phone that’s been available in Canada since last year, under the name of Samsung Cleo.
Starting today, the Gloss u440 is offered by U.S. Cellular, both online and through the carrier’s retail locations.
Targeted at “fashion-forward customers”, Samsung Gloss u440 is a clamshell that has a full QWERTY keyboard and two displays: a 2.2 inch TFT internal one and a smaller external one.
Interestingly, the internal display is said to feature a CIF resolution, which means it has 352 x 288 pixels. Or maybe there’s a typo on Samsung’s website and it’s QCIF, in which case the screen only has 176 x 144 pixels.
Other specs include:
- Stereo Bluetooth
- Music Player
- easyedge Service
- 1.3 MP camera
- MicroSDHC card support, up to 16GB
- 2.55 x 2.94 x 0.82 inches
The price of U.S. Cellular’s Samsung Gloss is not known, but it shouldn’t be a high one anyway. The phone is available in two color versions: charcoal and pink.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon’s Samsung Rogue and Intensity now available
- Samsung Omnia officially launched by Verizon – yours for $250 starting tomorrow
- Blackberry KickStart Specs and T-Mobile Launch
- Samsung E1110 and Samsung E2510: new basic South Korean phones
- Samsung Caliber and Trill coming to US Cellular