Sony Ericsson Idou, SE’s flagship camera phone that was announced in February, will hit the market under the name of Sony Ericsson Satio.
The phone will be available starting the fourth quarter of 2009 (probably in October), just like the brand new Sony Ericsson Aino and Sony Ericsson Yari.
Running on Symbian S60 5th Edition (like the Nokia 5800 or Nokia N97), Sony Ericsson Satio features a 12MP camera with autofocus, touch focus, xenon flash, LED flash for videos, face/smile detection and geotagging.
The phone also has a wide 3.5 inches TFT touchscreen display with 360 x 640 pixels and 16 million colors.
Other specs include:
- Quad-band GSM connectivity (850/900/1800/1900)
- HSDPA 2100 MHz
- HSDPA 850/1900/2100 MHz – the SE Satio(a) for the Americas
- Gesture control
- Wi-Fi with DLNA
- VGA camera for video calls
- Stereo Bluetooth
- FM radio with RDS
- MicroSD card support, 8GB card included the box
- 112 x 55 x 13.3 mm
- 126 grams
Sony Ericsson Satio / Idou will be available in three color versions: Black, Bordeaux and Silver. Its price is not known yet.
Here’s a video promo with the phone:
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Ericsson Satio, Aino and Yari launched in India
- 12MP Sony Ericsson Idou unveiled; Sony Ericsson W995 Hikaru announced too
- Unlocked Sony Ericsson W995a to hit the US for $600
- Rumor: Sony Ericsson Jalou Symbian smartphone
- #MWC09: Sony Ericsson Idou, W995 Walkman, Play Now Movies and other services