Step aside, Sony Ericsson, because your elegant Satio / Idou will not be the world’s first 12MP camera phone available for purchase. And that’s because Samsung has just announced the Samsung Pixon 12 M8910, a phone that will be on sale starting the end of this month (June) across Europe.
Obviously resembling the original Samsung Pixon M8800, which was released in November 2008, the Pixon 12 – or Pixon12 – features a 3.1 AMOLED touchscreen display and a 12 Megapixel autofocus camera equipped with Xenon and power LED flash, 28mm wide angle lens, touch-focus and “Smart Auto.”
The camera can also record 720 x 480 pixel videos at 30 frames per second. Moreover, thanks to the phone’s HSPA and the built-in Wi-Fi, you can instantly upload photos and vids to social networking websites like Facebook, MySpace, Flickr, Photobucket, Picasa and Friendster.
Apart from what we’ve already mentioned, Samsung Pixon 12 features:
- Quad-band GSM/EDGE connectivity
- Dual-band UMTS/HSPA connectivity (900 / 2100 MHz)
- FM radio with RDS
Samsung Pixon 12 M8910 will also be available in markets outside Europe, but only starting August. The phone’s price was not announced.
Via Akihabara News
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Pixon 12′s price in Spain: €639, unlocked
- Samsung Pixon12 M8910 and Samsung A886 pass the FCC
- 8MP Samsung T929 Memoir approved by FCC
- Samsung Pixon M8800 coming to U.S. with AT&T 3G
- Samsung TouchWiz F488i comes with upgraded UI