INQ, the London-based handset manufacturer that released a Facebook phone last year, is now getting ready to launch a Twitter phone.
Since almost everyone uses Twitter these days, the British company has thought it would be a good idea to make a phone that features a Web-based Twitter client.
According to Reuters, the INQ Twitter phone will be released sometime before Christmas.
Frank Meehan, INQ’s chief executive, said that the device should have a retail price of less than $140, which means it will probably not bring many high-end features (if any).
(this is the INQ¹ Facebook phone)
It’s not clear yet if the Twitter phone will have a full QWERTY keypad, but that would surely help users write and send Tweets faster.
INQ didn’t say whether it will release the new phone in Europe only, or if it plans to sell it in North America too.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- MotoKey Social is officially Motorola’s Facebook phone
- How not to use a mobile phone: don’t Tweet “I do” before kissing the bride
- Vodafone has a Facebook phone, too
- Samsung Wave 2 (525) and Wave 2 Pro (533) also announced in Germany, will cost €299 each
- AT&T announces the LG Arena with Mobile TV, available on February 26