We already knew that Nokia’s N97 Nseries flagship is set for a June launch, but we certainly didn’t know this: starting this month, the new smartphone will be available in more than 75 countries worldwide.
Nokia hasn’t mentioned the exact countries, but they’ll surely include most of the European markets, as well as the US and, perhaps, Canada too. So the rumors about the Nokia N97 NAM coming in June are true after all.
The N97 is the first Nokia handset to come with Ovi Store pre-installed, providing users with access to a wide range of Symbian applications, games, services and so on.
Interestingly, Nokia said that “new features and functions” are planned to hit the N97 sometime in the second half of 2009.
As for the retail price of Nokia N97, well, the smartphone is currently on pre-order for $699, in both black and white.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Nokia’s app store will debut in May as Ovi Store
- Nokia Ovi Store now available for AT&T subscribers
- Nokia offers Skype for Symbian via Ovi Store
- Nokia Ovi Store officially launched, AT&T will introduce it too
- Nokia launches Ovi Store for the N900 (Maemo 5)