Attention all S60 fanboys and fangirls: Google hasn’t forgotten about you, as evidenced by today’s announcement that the Google Mobile App is now officially available for download.
The announcement on Google’s blog touts 3 benefits of the immediacy of this service: immediacy of access, location, and query formulation.
1. Immediacy of access
The Google Mobile app will be easily accessible from your home screen, thus saving time hunting through menus to find it.
2. Immediacy of location
Location awareness is built-in, allowing you to get search results that relate to where you currently are. However if you don’t want this feature or your phone is not capable of GPS, it can be turned off.
3. Immediacy of query formulation
Your search history is available so you can repeat queries, and the app also offers query suggestions just like the main search engine does.
On your phone’s browser go to m.google.com to download direct, or go to this Google download site on your computer, type your number, and a link will be sent to your device.
Let us know what you think about the app in our comments!
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Google Mobile App for WM now with My Location
- Google updates Search for Android Gingerbread, Honeycomb and Froyo
- Google Maps for mobile gets voice search – only on BlackBerry Pearl devices, for now
- Google on iPhone now available in 33 new markets, 16 new languages
- Google Mobile App now offered through Best Buy stores