Although Verizon recently said that it would get the Palm Pre “in the next six months”, it looks like this won’t happen after all.
Dan Hesse, Sprint’s Chief Executive Officer, declared to CNET that their exclusivity agreement with Palm is longer than six months and that the folks over at Verizon “need to check their facts.”
So this means Verizon will probably not release the Pre this year, although many of its customers probably want that to happen.
AT&T also mentioned it wants to launch the Pre, but it didn’t say when.
As a reminder, the Palm Pre will be on sale via Sprint starting tomorrow, June 6, for as low as $199 – with a 2-yr contract agreement and after a $100 mail-in rebate.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Bell Canada launching the Palm Pre on August 27
- Verizon to sell the Palm Pre, Android phones, new BlackBerries
- Palm and O2 offer free 3D EA Mobile games for the Pre
- Sprint employees starting Palm Pre training – release imminent?
- Palm Eos (Pixie) not coming this year?