Samsung’s first commercially available solar-powered phone will not be the Blue Earth (announced in February), but the new E1107 Crest Solar candybar.
Unveiled today, Samsung E1107 Crest Solar is a low-end phone targeted at emerging markets.
The handset has a 800 mAh battery that can be charged in the usual way, as well as thanks to the solar panel featured on the back case. Samsung says that 1 hour under the sun can provide 5 to 10 minutes of extra talk-time.
When it comes to design, Samsung E1107 Crest Solar resembles the E1100 model:
Solar panel aside, the E1107 offers:
- Dual-band GSM connectivity (900/1800 MHz)
- 1.52 inch CSTN display with 128 x 128 pixels and 65K colors
- FM Radio
- MP3 ringtones
- Built-in flashlight
- Mobile Tracker
Samsung E1107 Crest Solar will be available starting this month, in Southeast and Southwest Asia, Europe and Latin America.
In India, the phone is called Samsung Solar Guru and costs only 2,799 INR ($59) unlocked.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- 8 new Samsung phones leaked – S5050, C5212, S3310 and E2210 included
- Samsung E1252 to be the company’s cheapest dual SIM phone
- Samsung S6700 and C5510 sliders coming soon
- Rugged Samsung a657 introduced by AT&T
- Samsung launches Blue Earth S7750 in Sweden; other markets to follow soon