After months of speculation and rumors as well as 3 nerve-wracking weeks in review by Apple, Dataviz has announced that Docs 2 Go is available for download in the iPhone’s App Store.
The well-known mobile document viewing and editing software will not be the first of its kind for sale in the App Store, as QuickOffice released a similar suite of apps just two months ago. But with Docs 2 Go now for sale, the competition is just firing up.
Docs 2 Go has two apps for sale: One with Exchange support for $9.99, and one without for $4.99.
Here’s how it will look.
The current apps feature:
- Create, edit and view Word docs
- View and sync Excel, PP, PDF, iWork, etc. (A future update will allow editing and creating Excel docs)
- Receive, edit and email Word docs via Exchange server
- Receive, view and email Excel, PDF, Powerpoint and more
- Desktop app with 2-way file sync (Windows and Mac)
With the editing ability restricted to Word only, QuickOffice will have more features (though at a higher cost) until a new update can come out. Dataviz is hoping the update will be available within the next two weeks.
We know many of you have been eagerly anticipating Docs to Go, so download it and let us know your reviews!
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Get Ready, Android Fans: Docs to Go Coming
- Google Docs&Spreadsheets go mobile
- Google Docs spreadsheets now editable from your handset
- Official Google Docs app for Android launched
- Quickoffice launches MobileFiles Pro, the first editable office app for iPhone