We’ve seen the Sony Ericsson Xperia X2 a couple of times until now, and yet there’s still nothing official about it.
But this might change in two days from now, as Sony Ericsson might unveil the X2 on June 17, in Singapore, during CommunicAsia 2009.
Reportedly, the Swedish-Japanese company has sent out invitations for an event that will be held on said date.
The invitation doesn’t mention anything about the new Xperia, but it reads:
“Join Sony Ericsson as we take you on a journey where mystery, magic and entertainment fuse seamlessly with cutting-edge technology. Sony Ericsson gives a glimpse of what the future holds. This is not just entertainment. It’s entertainment unlimited.”
As you probably remember, when Sony Ericsson announced Entertainment Unlimited, it also unveiled the Idou / Satio and the W995 Walkman phones. So it kind of makes sense for us to expect a new high-end handset. If it’s the Xperia X2 or not, we’ll see on Wednesday.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- AT&T launches 12mpx Sony Xperia ion LTE camera flagship. Marks the end of Sony Ericsson
- Sony Ericsson Kurara shows up in new photos, promises HD video capabilities
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray coming soon to Three UK
- Sony Xperia S (Nozomi), Xperia Acro HD and Xperia NX officially announced (video)
- Vodafone UK now taking pre-orders for the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play and Xperia Arc