Announced back in March, iPhone 3.0 OS is now finally available for download, so all iPhone and iPod touch users can upgrade their devices to it.
Naturally, iPhone 3.0 OS is already installed on the brand new iPhone 3G S, but this will only be launched on June 19 (by AT&T in the US).
Until then, old iPhone owners should know that the iPhone 3.0 OS brings many new features, including: copy & paste, landscape QWERTY keyboard, stereo Bluetooth, turn-by-turn navigation, voice memos and MMS (only for the iPhone 3G).
iPhone owners can upgrade their handset for free, via Apple’s website.
iPod touch owners have to pay 9.95 for the 3.0 OS upgrade – also made via Apple’s website.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- iPhone 2.0 software coming free to iPhone in July, $9.95 for iPod Touch
- Apple intros the iPhone 3G S in 16GB and 32GB versions
- Copy-paste tech from Apple Newton could make its way to iPhone
- iPhone copy and paste function could become a reality with MagicPad
- Windows Phone 7 Series to lack copy and paste functionality at launch