Yes, we know, Telus is a CDMA carrier and the iPhone 3G S is a GSM/HSPA phone, so this doesn’t make sense, right? Well, wrong, because Telus is getting ready to roll-out a HSPA network across Canada, which should be functional in October.
So, theoretically, the third-largest Canadian carrier will be able to launch the iPhone 3G S. Of course, the new iPhone will first be offered by Rogers and Fido in Canada, but it looks like they don’t have exclusivity on it.
According to a post from Howard Forums, a Telus executive has confirmed that they will launch the iPhone 3G S.
If this turns out to be true, there will probably be many happy Telus subscribers and a few unhappy execs at Rogers & Fido.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- iPhone Launch Planned by Bell and Telus in November
- Rumor: new iPhone 5 will arrive in early October in Canada (via Telus)
- Canada: Samsung Galaxy Nexus arrives at Rogers and Fido on January 10 (Motorola RAZR too at Fido)
- New BlackBerry Bold 9780 to be launched by Rogers on October 27?
- Bell’s BlackBerry Torch delayed until October 1. Telus version now on pre-order