Although it was initially slated for a September-October 2009 launch through Verizon, BlackBerry Curve 8530 (aka BlackBerry Aries) will not hit the US market this year.
According to The Street, the 8530 Aries was delayed and thus it will be released by Verizon sometime in February 2010.
Coming as the CDMA version of T-Mobile’s BlackBerry 8520 Gemini, BlackBerry Curve 8530 should feature an optical trackball, a QVGA display, Wi-Fi and a 2MP camera.
(image via CrackBerry)
If you really want a new BlackBerry from Verizon this year, you should know that the carrier will launch the Tour 9630 this summer – at about the same time with Sprint.
Or, if you’re into Windows Mobile, you might want to check out Verizon’s new HTC Ozone, which will be available for as low as $49.99 starting June 29.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sprint launching the BlackBerry Tour on July 12 too
- Verizon’s BlackBerry Essex 9650 caught in the wild
- Verizon offering Push To Talk for BlackBerry Tour starting March 30
- BlackBerry Tour 9630 flying off the shelves
- BlackBerry Tour 9630 announced by RIM, Verizon and Sprint will launch it soon