Following Samsung, Sony Ericsson and LG, Nokia will also launch one or more 12MP camera phones.
Well, at least that’s what PhoneReport says, quoting undisclosed sources from Nokia and Carl Zeiss. The first phone with a 12MP camera could be announced by Nokia as soon as the end of 2009, although it will probably not be available this year.
The upcoming 12MP Nokia handsets may have optical zoom, which should make them, theoretically at least, better than Samsung Pixon 12 and Sony Ericsson Satio. Nokia already has a phone with 3x optical zoom: the rather old N93 / N93i, which features a 3.2MP camera.
(this is the N86 8MP, Nokia’s first and only 8MP smartphone)
It’s not clear yet if the new handsets will be from the Nseries family. If this is the case, it’s possible that we’ll see a Nokia N98 or even a Nokia N99 announced. Of course, this is pure speculation, so it’s better if we wait for something official to come from Nokia.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Optical zoom is coming to Sony Ericsson Cyber-Shot phones
- Sony Ericsson K870i Cybershot to have 3x optical zoom 5mpx camera, HSUPA, Wi-Fi and GPS
- Sony Ericsson Cybershot with 3x optical zoom and WVGA display to be launched this week. Only in Japan, unfortunately
- Samsung M8920 to bring a 12MP camera with 3x optical zoom
- Samsung G810 smartphone to take on Nokia N95