Nokia has announced the availability of Nokia Java Runtime 2.0 (JRT 2.0) for Symbian S60 5th Edition – a new, re-written Java mobile execution environment.
Still in beta, Nokia Java Runtime 2.0 features several enhancements that should “make it much more fun for you to enjoy the thousands of games and apps available in Ovi Store and elsewhere.”
The enhancements include: improved execution performance, improved application launch user experience, and one-click application installation.
To download Nokia Java Runtime 2.0, visit the Nokia Beta Labs website.
Nokia also said that “Java Runtime will be developed and released independent from S60 releases”, hence users will be able to get the newest version directly to their smartphone, through the Nokia S60 Software Update functionality.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Nokia Braille Reader to help visually impaired users read SMS
- Nokia Custom Dictionary Symbian app launched
- Nokia Beta Labs mobile website now available
- Nokia Ovi Suite 2.1 Beta and Nokia Image Exchange updated
- Nokia Green Explorer service launched