However, it looks like A1 (aka mobilkom), Austria’s largest mobile operator, will release the Omnia II with WM 6.5 from the beginning – sometime in September.
We know this from Microsoft Austria, which issued a short press release today, announcing the smartphone’s upcoming availability.
It’s not clear yet if the Omnia II will reach other European countries with WM 6.5 too, or if it won’t be released earlier in some markets. Sure, there’s that rumor saying that a white Omnia II might be launched by Verizon in the US this month, but until something official about this comes up, we can’t put too much trust in it.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Omnia II getting Windows Mobile 6.5.3 upgrade in May?
- Samsung Omnia M with Windows Phone launched in India
- Verizon’s Omnia II appears on Samsung’s website
- Samsung Omnia 7 to be among the first available WP7 handsets?
- Samsung Omnia 735 (Omnia Pro 4) launched in Germany, Windows Mobile still lives